Greater Sacramento Area Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Seeking Justice for Motorcycle Accident Victims
According to the most recent California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) traffic accident rankings, the region is listed 12th in the state for the number of motorcyclists injured or killed, out of 58 counties with similar populations. 100 bikers were injured or lost their lives in motorcycle accidents in 2014 in the area alone. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) also reports that motorcyclist deaths occurred 27 times more frequently than other traffic accident fatalities in 2014, across the U.S.
Something needs to be done to protect riders across America’s roadways. The NHTSA, California Highway Patrol (CHP) and other government organizations are working to increase awareness of motorcycle safety, but riders are still being injured and killed at alarming rates. That is why we at Caraway Injury Attorneys are committed to representing motorcyclists and their families in the wake of serious collisions. A Gold River personal injury attorney at our firm may be able to help you seek damages for medical care, lost earnings, emotional trauma and other losses you have suffered.
You are entitled to a free, confidential accident consultation.
Call (916) 655-5555 to get started!
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
Although every case is different, the following are steps to take if you are injured in a motorcycle accident:
- Remain at the scene (unless you are seriously injured and require emergency medical care)
- Call 911 if the accident is blocking traffic and/or if you are seriously injured
- Exchange driver, contact, and insurance information with any other parties involved
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Be careful not to admit fault or liability in any way
- Get the information of any witnesses present
- Take pictures at the scene and of your bike, the road, the other vehicle (if any), your clothes and your injuries
- Call an attorney to discuss your right to financial compensation from the person or party responsible for the accident
Do not leave your future to chance—call a Gold River motorcycle accident lawyer at (916) 655-5555 now.