Frequently Asked Questions

Answers from Our Greater Sacramento Area Personal Injury Attorneys

Caraway Injury Attorneys handles all claims where a person was injured as the result of someone else’s negligence. Our Gold River personal injury lawyers have had extensive careers in dealing with the public, each of which has tested our endurance in opposition to often insurmountable odds. This has tempered our resolve, and allows us to focus and continue our pursuit of justice, even when faced with the most difficult claims.

Above all else, we are focused on using our extensive knowledge to help all of our clients. Continue reading for answers to some frequently asked questions or call (916) 655-5555 to schedule your free initial consultation.

Do I need a lawyer after an accident?

Not only will our Greater Sacramento Area personal injury attorneys fight for your right to compensation, but we provide the valuable service of holding negligent parties responsible for their actions. Cases are complex, which is why it is important that you have a legal advocate on your side. There are multitudes of steps and procedures that are taken to ensure that at the end of the case the client will land in the best position possible. This includes a forthright education of the client in the intake process. We go over what can be expected, including time needed and the value of the case. We also discuss the potential hurdles each case will face, and set the client up from the outset with an understanding of both the good and bad. From there, it is just building off of a good foundation.

What compensation am I entitled to?

The award amount of your case depends on your unique situation. You may, however, be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, future medical costs, lost wages from time taken off work to recover, money to fix your damaged property or vehicle, and pain and suffering. In the case of wrongful death, the surviving family may also be entitled to funeral expenses, funds to cover the care of the deceased, and money to compensate grieving loved ones for the loss of companionship and support.

I think the insurance company is shortchanging me, is there anything I can do?

We like to say that if the insurance company followed through on their promises, our Greater Sacramento Area personal injury lawyers would be out of a job. Remember that insurance companies are large corporations and are generally out to protect their bottom line, not yours. They may act nice initially but that may soon change when it comes to paying you what they owe. When insurance companies make “bad faith” claims, Caraway Injury Attorneys will fight for what you are owed.

What are catastrophic injuries?

Serious injuries, such as loss of limb, spine or brain injuries, permanent disability or impairment, and other harm that threatens a victim’s life or livelihood, are known as catastrophic. These matters require long-term care and years of medical treatments, which is why it is vital that you receive compensation after an accident.

Contact Our Dedicated Team Today!

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side